Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace

Ephesians 6:15.

Oh God, I'm so amazed how you bring things to my remembrance!

Recently I had thought that I wanted to build my believing that God's Word's are totally true and that I can manifest His power in life. This week has been my first week after leaving my job and I must say it has been a total blessing. I have been incredibly productive in getting my things in order for the move - packing and what have you. But along with all this I have been determined to study more of the Word (since I suppose I finally feel like I have the time to spare...tsk)

Boy, has that been wonderful. I actually just started reading George Muller - Delighted in God, by Roger Steer, which I must confess is an incredibly inspiring story of his life. Only God could have known that after all my fascination with British novels lately, that this one book would fit right in - and actually be profitable! Haha! But man, was Muller a believer... I don't think there is any better book (other than the Bible) that would show me the loving, willingness and ability of our Heavenly Father to provide our every need - as seen through the victories in Muller's life.

This man did not ask anyone for ANYTHING. He only asked God - fully persuaded that God would meet his needs as he devoted his life in service to Him. We read of the believing of those individuals in the Gospels who believed the word of Christ and because of their believing they were delivered - made completely whole - because they were fully persuaded. I want to be like that...


No comments:

Post a Comment