Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Why do you have a chip on your shoulder?"

I love people. We are all so different, and yet, in a lot of ways we are all so similar. I find it to be the most exciting and enjoyable thing to discover someone else - get past the surface, the superficialities, and get to the heart of who someone is.

One thing I've been learning for a while now is that if you expect anyone to open their heart and life to you, you have to be willing to do the same. We want to build relationships on honesty, trust, communication, brotherly love, etc. That's something I'm trying to get better at. Sometimes it's really simple - you just get along really well with some people; it comes naturally. Other times we have to work through emotions, inadequacies and whatnot before we can truly enjoy all that someone has to offer the world. Well that's my goal - to make that effort to get outside of myself and get to know who you truly are.

One way I like to open up to others is through humor. I am not afraid to laugh with you and even laugh at myself. I am really laid back, but I do believe that life should be simple and enjoyable.

Last night was really sweet. I had many funny, light-hearted conversations that left me blessed and even now when I think about them I still laugh. I love moments like that. Moments like that should never be forgotten. So, that's what I want - to laugh with you and enjoy every moment that God gives. Let's live with a light heart, full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment